We are thrilled to announce we will be hosting a panel at DLD Munich 2017.
A.I. is emerging at an incredible speed and will impact every aspect of life – driving unprecedented levels of automation. In this panel titled Fixing Education for the A.I. age, we will explore the following topics:
- Future of work – What skills will still be valuable and what changes must be made to the curriculum in order to prepare students and what skills will existing professionals need to attain?
- Shortage of teachers – We have a massive shortage of qualified teachers. What can A.I. do to help? How can it provide more leverage to those that we have?
- Disadvantaged learners – How do we use A.I. to enable those who can’t afford a good education or have learning difficulties to get the best education?
The panel will be hosted by Charlie Muirhead, our Founder & CEO and will feature the following panelists:
- Dr. Rose Luckin, Professor of Learner Centred Design at the UCL Knowledge Lab, who recently co authored Intelligence Unleashed: An argument for AI in Education.
- Conrad Wolfram, physicist, mathematician, and technologist, is the Strategic Director and European Co-Founder/CEO of the Wolfram group of companies. The Wolfram Group specializes in pushing boundaries at the intersection of computation, math, and knowledge.
- Jüergen Schmidhuber – Director & Professor at The Swiss A.I. Lab IDSIA and President at NNAISENSE, which aims at building the first, practical, General Purpose A.I.
- Tabitha Goldstaub, Co-Founder Project Placed which connects Data Science students with companies to complete experience based in curriculum projects.