Book Recomendations

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Tabitha 
    Keymaster

What are your favourite books on the topic of intelligence? Here are Hermann Hauser’s recommendations

David MacKay Without Hot Air and Inference

Our Final Century by Martin Rees
    Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies Nick Bostrom
    The Technological Singularity by Murray Shanahan

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Tabitha.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Tabitha.
     Paul 
    Keymaster

Following up on today’s newsletter, Derin Cag, the CEO of Richtopia blogged about his top 20 favourite AI book and whitepapers.

There are quite a few sensationalist books on this list (generally anything written by Ray Kurzweil or Nick Bostrom!) of which I am not a fan. I have to agree with Machine Learning by Tom M. Mitchell, as this is a highly regarded reference text for a huge range of machine learning algorithms and learning approaches. Artificial Intelligence Simplified: Understanding Basic Concepts by Dr. Binto George and Gail Carmichael is a great introduction to the world of AI.

My list would include The Deep Learning Book by Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, and Aaron Courville. It is currently available online in pre-print form. I would also include (perhaps controversially!) a fiction book. The Circle by David Eggers describes the life of a girl who is willingly sucked in to an exaggeration of our current society; always connected to the social internet where algorithms rule. Overcomplicated: Technology at the Limits of Comprehension by Samuel Arbesman is also an interesting read, if a little sensationalist!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Processing...
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
ErrorHere

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account